GIS Technician needed to join our dynamic team on a temporary basis for 10 months +. Possible temporary to full time opportunity.
General Description and Responsibilities
· AMEC Information Management (IM) group is comprised of 165 geospatial experts providing services in GIS, database management, remote sensing, application development and technology consulting. AMEC’s Denver office develops and executes projects involving green infrastructure design, urban forestry, storm water management, hazard mitigation & emergency management, mining, hydrogeology, and other water resource engineering projects. The GIS Technician should be a passionate self-starter, creative, eager to learn & apply new technologies, and will have the following responsibilities:
· Read and interpret original plat/survey map information.
· Work with the Coordinate Geometry (COGO) functionality to create spatial geometries in the ArcGIS environment.
· Create high quality parcel and right-of-way feature class data for transportation-funded project and additional projects as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· BS/BA degree in Geography, Computer or Environmental Sciences or closely related field.
· 1 - 2 years + of GIS related experience.
· Experience with plat maps, legal descriptions and tax assessment maps.
· Recent experience or familiarity with the COGO, Parcel Fabric Model, topology rules, and hyperlinking.
· Ability to multitask and solve real-world complex problems in a fast paced environment.
· A serious candidate for this challenging opportunity must be: a self-starter, work well under pressure, perform to schedules and deadlines, work well in a team and enjoy their work.
· Must possess good organizational skills.
· Must be consistent, detailed oriented and highly accurate in their work.
· Adept in basic document and spreadsheet applications.
· Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours if required.
· Must pass drug test, background check.
· Local candidates preferred.
· Working knowledge in ESRI (ArcGIS, ArcInfo, ArcView), Word, Excel, Access, Windows NT.
· Knowledge in environmental resource management, transportation planning or geography.
· Background in Planning, Environmental Science, and/or GIS (or fields closely related to these disciplines)
EEOStatement AMEC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.