|Job Status :
||Full Time, Employee
||Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
|Posting Date :
|Closing Date :
|Relevant Experience :
|Number of Positions :
||Washington, District of Columbia
|Reference Number :
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Inc.
GIS Project Manager
This opportunity is for a Project Manager within JMT Technology Group. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing project management services and technical expertise to support our clients with the implementation of GIS and software solutions through the entire life cycle. This involves frequent and direct communication with clients, developing scope and cost estimates, leading the assigned team and resolving impediments efficiently, and leading the implementation of solutions through the entire project. Project management approaches vary from client to client and the types of projects managed will include both application development and GIS services.
- Develop technical scopes of work for projects that require the application of GIS technology in response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Qualifications (RFQs)
- Develop project approaches that demonstrate and utilize advanced geoprocessing, mapping and visualization, editing and data compilation, data management, linear referencing, network analysis, mobile GIS, and modeling
- Develop project approaches for GIS and non-GIS custom software solutions
- Responsible for understanding and documenting business requirements for specific transportation, water/wastewater, environmental or public safety business problems that require the utilization of geospatial and non-geospatial technology
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications
- Responsible for documenting business processes and identifying effective solutions
- Prepare presentations and participate in project interviews
- Prepare and update project plans
- Prepare Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Prepare estimates of hours and cost to perform the required services
- Prepare and maintain detailed project schedules using Microsoft Project
- Prepare and distribute meeting agendas and meeting minutes
- Prepare progress reports on a monthly or as-needed basis
- Review and validate invoices
- Upload and maintain all project documents in a Microsoft SharePoint environment
- Validate and update project documentation
- Monitor and manage project performance, scope, budget, quality, risks and schedule for all assigned projects
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Manage subconsultants
- Attend and present at conferences and seminars
- Travel is required in Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia. Travel may be required in Virginia, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of geography, GIS, engineering, applied physics, environmental or forest sciences, information technology or computer systems management is required.
- Master’s degree in the field of geography, GIS, engineering, applied physics, environmental or forest sciences, information technology or computer systems management is desired.
- PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) credential is desired.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- At least 5 years direct work experience in a project management capacity for software development and/or GIS implementation projects is required.
- At least 2 years direct work experience as a project team member for GIS implementation projects is desired. GIS implementation experience should include advanced geoprocessing, mapping and visualization, editing and data compilation, data management, linear referencing, network analysis, mobile GIS, and modeling
- Experience with software development methodologies
- Experience preparing and providing presentations in public and project settings
- Experience writing technical proposals and project documentation
- Experience implementing geospatial technology for state and local government is desired
- Experience implementing geospatial technology in the transportation, water/wastewater, environmental or public safety markets is desired
- Experience implementing Esri technology in a consulting capacity
- Experience with GIS database design, creation, maintenance and quality assurance/quality control
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and Visio
- Demonstrated and verifiable leadership experience
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with team members, customers and consulting partners from a broad spectrum of disciplines