|Job Status :
||Full Time, Employee
|Posting Date :
|Closing Date :
|Relevant Experience :
|Number of Positions :
||Colorado Springs, Colorado
Research and Analysis
|Reference Number :
GIS Analyst / Cartographer
Primary responsibility is cartographic data production and associated Photogrammetry duties that support TGD data production.
• Applies professional and specialized knowledge in cartographic and photogrammetric skills.
• Conducts topographic feature extraction from imagery to address USSTRATCOM requirements.
• Independently resolves complex problems of a cartographic nature with commercial satellite imagery/mapping to assure satisfactory end products.
• Executes efforts within a quality assurance program relevant to TGD and NGA cartographic activities.
• Ensures cartographic data is complete and meets NGA quality standards.
• Applies professional cartographic and photogrammetric skills in preparing mapping products to include Topographic Line Maps (TLM), Joint Operations Graphics (JOG) and various terrain analysis or Geospatial-Intelligence (GEOINT) products.
• Professional knowledge and skill sufficient to apply and modify modern cartographic initiatives and originality in the solution of complex map problems for diversified projects of moderate to large scope.
• Knowledge and skill sufficient for the production of vector data and maps of various scales involving manual and automated cartographic methods.
• Individual assignments are of such breadth, diversity, and intensity that they involve many and varied complex features.
• The work requires especially versatile and innovative personnel in adapting, modifying, or making compromises with standard guides and methods.
• Individual assignments may contain a combination of complex features which involve serious or difficult-to-resolve conflicts between cartographic and management requirements.
- Required Skills:
- Military GIS Experience, GIS data creation (ArcGIS Desktop, Geodatabase, Personal, File, and ArcSDE), the basic MS Office applications, imagery applications like ERDAS Imagine, ENVI, Remote View, knowledge and familiarity with Google Earth. Theater Geospatial Database (TGD) Schema, Military Symbology, Mapping or Cartographic skills, Army, Navy, USMC, or AF experience with their respective GIS standards. Excellent customer service skills.
- Preferred Skills:
- Socet GXP Solid database experience In-depth knowledge of the Intelligence Community