|Job Status :
||Full Time, Employee
|Posting Date :
|Closing Date :
|Relevant Experience :
|Number of Positions :
GIS Analyst - Addressing
- Assists with assigning, maintaining, and editing address and geographic information systems (GIS) for unincorporated areas in Williamson County and several smaller cities.
- Assists the public, other departments, officials with addressing and related GIS issues.
| ESSENTIAL DUTIES:|
- Works with the public and developers on addressing issues.
- Updates and maintains address information in Intrado 911 database.
- Creates, edits, and maintains GIS data (address, street centerlines, response area boundaries & emergency service numbers).
- Performs GIS analysis and creates new products per the requirements of County departments and external customers.
- Works with Capital Area Council of Governments (CAPCOG), cities, and other jurisdictions to maintain GIS and 911 data.
- Produce high-quality electronic and paper maps for customers.
- Uses document management system to track and store plats and related information.
- Approves addressed plats and street names as part of the County’s platting process.
- Communicates extensively with other County departments on GIS projects.
- Readily complies with departmental and countywide policies and procedures.
- Performs related special projects as assigned.
- The physical demands and environmental factors listed below, as well as regular attendance, are also essential functions for this position.
- Position requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, squatting, and stooping in the performance of daily activities.
- Requires reading, writing, math skills, research and analysis in the development of plans, procedures goals, etc.
- Continual work at a computer keyboard.
- Occasionally exerts up to 20 pounds of force and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently.
- Work is primarily indoors in an air-conditioned, smoke free office.
- Williamson County has adopted a Tobacco-Free Workplace policy. This policy prohibits smoking or use of any tobacco product on Williamson County premises. Williamson County and Cities Health District offers a smoking cessation program, free to all employees and spouses.
| MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:|
- Bachelor’s Degree with course work in GIS, Geography, Computer Science or related field.
- Additional years of experience may substitute for some education.
- One year of directly related experience utilizing GIS for analysis and mapping using ESRI software.
- Experience with spatial database concepts and techniques.
- Experience with Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office suite, ESRI desktop software and relational database concepts and office equipment (printers, fax, and copiers).
- Must maintain a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record.
- Employment is contingent on passing post-offer, pre-employment, and periodic drug testing and criminal background investigations.
- Experience with Intrado 9-1-1 Database.
- Experience with addressing and platting.