|Job Status :
||Full Time, Employee
|Posting Date :
|Closing Date :
11:45 PM Mountain
|Relevant Experience :
|Number of Positions :
||$55,882.17 - $70,782.52
This vacancy has expired and is for reference only.
|The Role of the GIS Analyst is to facilitate solutions to the geospatial needs of both internal (Departments) and external (Public) customers. This is achieved by creating and maintaining critical datasets, sustainable infrastructure, and information dissemination mechanisms. Additionally, the GIS Analyst position is responsible to assist in activities supporting emergency and disaster response, and may be asked to engage vendors/stakeholders in the context of technology forecasting and budget planning. All team members are expected to actively participate in team meetings, strategy sessions, and technical briefings.
| Essential Duties and Responsibilities:|
|To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned. (any one position may not include all of the duties listed nor do the listed examples include all duties which may be found in positions of this class.)
Maintains GIS data and related databases
• Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and availability of GIS data;
• Coordinates developing new databases and migrating existing data into a GIS format;
• Researches legal documents to obtain data for input into GIS;
• Coordinates with appropriate departments to develop and maintain base maps;
• Develops and perpetuates a shared, computerized database of maps and land-related information;
• Coordinates the use of GPS to create, maintain and verify map and GIS accuracy;
• Downloads field data into GIS system and reviews it for accuracy;
• Maintains relevancy with current GIS trends, best practices and tools to knowledgably steer current and future project direction.
Provides GIS Technical Support to County Departments
• Provides technical assistance to GIS database users;
• Assists in training other employees in developing, utilizing, and applying GIS;
• Disseminates GIS data as necessary;
• Coordinates with other staff members, as necessary, pertaining to information system projects related to GIS;
• As requested, investigates the feasibility of implementing new technology or software to aid GIS users;
• Creates procedures and datasets for specific geographic analysis to be used as an aid in decision making processes;
• Assists County departments in the scoping of new functionality, including both implicit and explicit assessment of customer needs;
Generates Maps, Graphics, and Reports
• Maintains the accuracy of GIS base maps;
• Contributes to the development of standard base maps for ready reproduction and dynamic reference;
• Creates PDF and interactive maps for viewing on the County's website.
• Assists County staff, general public, contractors, developers, and engineers in search of GIS information;
• Prepares GIS based detailed maps, graphs, charts, records and reports;
• Researches GIS data bases as requested to obtain and report information such as dimensions of parcels and right-of-way.
Coordinates System Maintenance
• Supports information system contractors and staff members in GIS and data-integration activities;
• Designs, implements, and maintains the components necessary to deploy a central data service model.
• Reviews and implements technology to ensure that the department meets its GIS, data warehousing and system goals.
• Develops geo-processing models and/or scripts to expedite routine GIS procedures or customize applications.
• Makes budget recommendations for GIS operating and training expenses for hardware, software upgrades, and new purchases.
• May assist with coordinating with vendors for new programs, training, upgrades, and changes to GIS.
• Shares responsibility for data and system maintenance, which may require after hours scheduling.
• Prepares metadata and process documentation for all significant data assets and procedures.
|Formal Education & Certification
• This position requires a 4 year degree in an information technology related discipline.
Knowledge & Experience
• Proficiency in ESRI's ArcGIS software suite, including desktop and server;
• Experience customizing and automating tasks in ESRI Products using python or another scripting language;
• Experience creating secure custom web interfaces for internal and external customers.